BVT Resident Admission Requirements
- Residents must be out of high school and be in good physical condition
- Have mild to moderate intellectual disabilities
- Once admitted, the person may continue in residence as long as he/she is able to benefit from BVT's services
- Completed application
- Physical examination report from physician
(current within 30 days prior to admission)
- Documentation of current immunizations, including Hepatitis B, with negative testing for tuberculosis
- Psychological (current within one year) and
Upon receipt of the documents, the BVT admissions committee will review the material and make a preliminary determination as to whether BVT can meet the person's needs. If so, we will contact you for a conference and a tour of BVT.
Those who are considering living at Breckenridge or attending the day program are welcome to come for a pre-placement visit. These visits generally last 2 to 7 days and allow the interested individual and family to experience life at the Village first-hand. Pre-placement visits provide an opportunity for the individual and family to familiarize themselves with BVT services, and allow BVT staff to decide if the prospective resident is suitable for placement at Breckenridge Village. After the conclusion of the pre-placement visit, the Admissions Committee will discuss the individual’s visit and make a decision regarding admission. The family will be contacted when the decision has been made.